Windows Server Engineer (Contract Position)
As a result of strong business growth we have an opening for a contractor (project employee) with IT Network Administrator skills. This position will be project-based. Qualified candidate must have great customer service skills and able to work with wide range of tasks. This position may require some travel to various client sites.
- Server operating system upgrades for various clients in Atlantic Canada. Some projects include Physical to Virtual Server migrations. Typical upgrade would be from Windows Server 2003R2 to 2012R2 including SBS2011 to 2012R2.
- Migration from on-premise MS Exchange to Office365.
- Advanced knowledge of and troubleshooting skills with Windows Server operating systems, DNS, Active Directory, VPN, Remote Access and Firewall.
- Windows 2003 – 2012R2 Server
- Windows SBS 2003/2008/2011 Server
- Virtualization (Microsoft Hyper-V & VMWare) including Physical to Virtual Migrations
- Active Directory/Group Policy
- On-premise Exchange Server setup and maintenance
- Enterprise level Antivirus and Backup Solutions (Symantec, Trend)
- Local Area Network (LAN), TCP/IP, Firewall/routers, Virtual Private Network (VPN)
- Microsoft Office applications including Office365
- Relevant certifications, MCSE, MCITP, etc.
- Must be willing to obtain a background security check.
- A fast growing service provider working with a great client base of small/medium businesses, non-profits and education organizations.
- Competitive Compensation
- Opportunity to work and learn in a challenging IT environment
- Access to a wide range of technologies contributing to knowledge growth
- Option of working from a home officeSend resume to email@example.com